Everyone wants to have a healthy set of teeth and a pleasing and flawless smile. Any dissatisfaction with your own teeth or smile can negatively affect your self-confidence and social life. If you think that the food and drink that you intake can only cause cavities, you are wrong; it can also lead to teeth staining too.
Thanks to cosmetic dentistry, achieving a perfect and natural-looking smile has become easy with dental veneers, also called porcelain veneers. Dental veneers can provide your smile, an instant smile makeover like no other method can.
Porcelain Veneers are the thin, wafer-like dental appliances placed on the tooth to cover the stained part and enhance its appearance. Veneers are custom-made using a person's teeth as a blueprint. When they are bonded to the tooth surface, they enhance the shape, size, and color of the existing tooth creating a natural-looking, beautiful smile. Thus, veneers are a fast solution to many dental concerns such as spacing, chipped, cracked, or worn-out teeth, crooked teeth, and too-small teeth.
Problems Addressed by Porcelain Veneers
Veneers cover and fix a variety of dental problems that include the following:
- Chipped teeth:When a patient experiences oral trauma, it can lead to the chipping of the tooth, leading to a deformed tooth structure. A veneer can be used to bring such teeth to their original shape and restore functionality.
- Misshapen teeth:Some teeth can be naturally out of shape and are called misshapen teeth. Veneers can be used to make such teeth look visually better.
- Cracked or broken teeth:If an external trauma to the mouth results in its crack or fracture, such teeth can be supported and held intact using a veneer. Veneers also cover the gap left by the crack, preventing the entry of microbes into the tooth pulp.
- Discolored teeth:Teeth discoloration and staining can be caused as a result of many factors, including the food and drinks that we consume. Badly discolored teeth can be brought back to their original color using teeth whitening techniques. But, for severely discolored teeth, whitening solutions do not yield the desired result. In such cases, a veneer will be bonded onto the teeth' surface to give it an aesthetic makeover.
- Worn-out teeth:Biting and chewing food can lead to worn-out teeth over time. However, bruxism or teeth grinding can lead to excessive tooth wear, making them look aesthetically displeasing and shorter in appearance. Veneers can help to lengthen the crown and bring it back to its ideal shape and length.
- Excessively shaped teeth: Teeth may sometimes emerge too far apart from each other. This excessive space between adjacent teeth can be reduced using veneers resulting in a beautiful smile.
Call us for a consultation or schedule an appointemnt online so that we can determine which system is best for you!